FastStone Capture is a powerful, lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture tool that allows you to easily capture and annotate anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and even scrolling windows/web pages. You can choose to send captures to editor, file, clipboard, printer, email, Word/PowerPoint document or upload them to your website. Editing tools include annotating (texts, arrowed lines, highlights), resizing, cropping, sharpening, watermarking, applying edge effects and many more. It also allows you to record screen activities and sound into highly compressed video files. Other features include global hotkeys, automatic filename generation, support for external editors, a color picker, a screen magnifier and a screen ruler.
* A small handy Capture Panel that provides quick access to its capture tools and output options
* Global hotkeys to activate screen capturing instantly
* Capture windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and scrolling windows/web pages
* Capture multiple windows and objects including multi-level menus
* Options to specify output destination (internal editor, clipboard, file, printer ...)
* Draw annotation objects such as texts, arrowed lines, highlights, watermarks, rectangles and circles
* Apply effects such as drop-shadow, frame, torn-edge and fade-edge
* Add image caption
* Resize, crop, rotate, sharpen, brighten, adjust colors ...
* Support external editors
* Save in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF and PDF formats
* Send captured images by email
* Send captured images to Word and PowerPoint documents
* Send captured images to a Web (FTP) server
* Record screen activities and sound into video files
* Screen Color Picker
* Screen Magnifier
* Screen Ruler
* Support multiple monitors
* Run when Windows starts (optional)
* Minimize to System Tray area
* Small footprint in memory
* And many more ...
Version 6.3 (October 15, 2008)
* Records screen activities including onscreen changes, speech from microphone, mouse movements and clicks into highly compressed video files (Windows Media Video format).
This feature works on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 2008
* Captures web pages of the latest web browsers:
o Internet Explorer 8 (Beta 2)
o Firefox 3
o Google Chrome (Beta)
* Allows you to save a local copy when sending captured images to a Web (FTP) server
* Fixed minor bugs